How to use tcw stencils to create a fall decor piece
Use TCW Stencils to Create a Fall Decor Piece
line Color Catcher with paper towels, cut cardstock into 6 - 4 X 6 pieces. lay 1 - 4 X 6 cardstock in Color Catcher, then tape Folk Art Flower Template down over it.
spritz using your choice of ColorBox Spritzers, working from lightest color to darkest, varying concentration and placement.
continue layering on Spritzer colors until you are happy with the colors and intensity.
sample with finished spritzing.
to make use of excess ink on top of template, press a 4 X 6 paper on top of template. gently smooth with fingers or brayer to transfer ink.
ghost image created. reserve to make a card or other project.
stenciled image created. remove tape, and cardstock. rinse stencil and set aside to dry.
repeat steps 3 thru 9 using Chrysanthemum and Trapezoid Templates. reserve ghost images for future projects. sample images show - spritzed template papers top row, ghost images bottom row.
to add more texture to papers, layer another stencil over previously stenciled designs. use North Star, Alhambra and Fireworks Templates and a darker shade of ColorBox Spriter.
in order to get the ink in all the TINY spaces of these templates with more petite designs, tap ink in after spritzing using a wadded up paper towel.
second layer added to cardstock. repeat for other 2 stenciled cardstocks.
cardstocks with second layer added.
for even more texture, add a stamped layer using stamps from Viva Las Vegas' Pound O' Rubber stamps and ColorBox Harvest Chalk Ink. temporarily adhere rubber stamps to block with double sided tape.
cardstock pieces after stamping layer has been added.
trim cardstock pieces slightly larger than windows in frame, distress edges using ColorBox Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink. be sure to ink a WIDE edge as a portion of the edges will be outside the window.
adhere finished cardstock pieces to chipboard backer of frame, spacing so they will show through the windows of the frame.
check cardstock placement, then reassemble frame.
i decided i wanted some leaves to embellish my frame so using the same techniques as before, i made some using the Abstract Leaves template.
after cutting out the leaves, i found that the white areas were TOO white! so i placed them back in the Color Catcher and lightly spritzed with Lemon Drop and Putty.
leaves after spritzing.
distress the edges using Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink.
write poem on glass using black permanent marker. don't like you handwriting? TCW has templates for that! or stamp, use rubons or stickers. make a mistake freehanding it? use alcohol to remove.
cut burlap in narrow strips, adhere one along second divider of frame.
use the other to make a bow and adhere at left side.
slightly bend leaves to add dimension, then arrange and adhere on frame.
finished frame! for more projects using TCW stencils please visit our blog at http://www.thecraftersworkshop.com/blog/ you can see more of my work on my blog www.tamisanders.com --- tfl! tami
- TCW493s * Folk Art Flower Template
- TCW494s * Trapezoid Flower Template
- TCW477s * Chrysanthemum Template
- TCW473s * Fireworks Template
- TCW487s * Alhambra Template
- TCW481s * North Star Template
- TCW395s * Abstract Leaves Template
- Viva Las Vegas Stamps * Pound O' Rubber Stamps
- 7gypsies * Canvas Corp * Natural Burlap Sheet
- Core'dinations * Heavyweight White Cardstock
- Clearsnap * ColorBox Spritzer * Lemon Drop
- Clearsnap * ColorBox Spritzer * Putty
- Clearsnap * ColorBox Spritzer * Grasshopper
- Clearsnap * ColorBox Spritzer * Golf Course
- Clearsnap * ColorBox Spritzer * Pumpkin Pie
- Clearsnap * Color Catcher
- Clearsnap * ColorBox Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink
- Clearsnap * ColorBox Harvest Chalk Ink
- Beacon Adhesives * 3-in-1 Glue
- Blue Painter's Tape
- Paper Towels
- Stamping Block
- Double Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Fine Tipped Black Permanent Pen
- Dollar Store Frame
Tami Sanders * Paper Crafter
* i LOVE to craft * scrapbook, paper arts, mix'd media, jewelry, stamp and more. * i design for clearsnap and grafix. * i also teach
The Conversation (0)