1. First get a shelf marker
2. If you need help finding a book you are looking for, just go to the computers, or you can just look for books on foot by browsing the shelves.
3. Then you type the name of the book that you are looking for into the OPAC. If you don't know which book you want, you may look at the pictures and find a book that looks familiar or interesting.
4. Check to see if the book that you want is checked in or out.
5. If the book is in, you write down the title and the call number on a piece of scrap paper.
6.Write down your call number and give the paper to the librarian. He or she will help you find the book.
7. If you are browsing you should look at the spines for the titles of books. When you find something interesting put your shelf marker next to that book and then you may take the book off the shelf.
8. Now you may check out your book. You go to the check out desk and wait for an adult to help you.
9. Tell the librarian your name, and he or she will scan your account. Then the librarian will scan the barcode on your library book.
10. Now you may read your books! Find a special spot and enjoy your reading time!
- Shelf marker
- Kids' catalog