Slice tomatoes in half and place cut side up on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Scatter with garlic cloves and herbs. Drizzle with just enough olive oil to barely touch each tomato.
Ready for the oven
Bake at 225 degrees for 3 hours. Let cool. Peel skins from the garlic.
Place into glass or non-reactive dish.
Drizzle with more olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Use immediately or store in the fridge.
Great on their own, or sliced into pasta dishes, topping sandwiches, or teamed with fresh mozzarella and basil for a yummy appetizer.
- A bowl ( about 20) Roma tomatoes
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 0.0 head of garlic, unpeeled
- Handful of thyme or rosemary
- Baking sheet lined with parchment
- Coarsely ground salt and pepper