This is a map of the Old Testament World. The main places mentioned in the Bible are the land of Canaan (Israel, Jerusalem, etc) Egypt, Syria, Babylon and Assyria.
The Land of Canaan is impotant because if the one of the three big empires (Egypt, Assyria and Babylon) wanted to invade another, they would have to travel through Canaan to get to the other empires.
1st page of my timeline.
2nd page of my timeline.
The bible as a library.
To find a verse in the bible, you have to find it's page number first. For example, if you wanted to find Genesis 5:2, you would go to it's page number. This leads you to the start of the story. Then,
go to it's chapter eg. 5. Chapter numbers can be found at the top of the page. Finally, find it's verse number eg. 2. Verse numbers are the numbers in between sentences. You've learnt to find verses.
The bible is "inspired" because God inspired the authors to use their own abilities to teach others about the Gospels. Also, the bible contains truth but it is shown in a different way/perspective.
The bible has about 7 types of stories in the Bible which all have different purposes. For example, the type of story called Proverbs, like Proverbs are important
sentences on how humans should live their own life well while pleasing God at the same time.
Congratulations, you have finished reading my guide! Now you have learnt everything in order to start reading the bible! Thanks for reading my guide!
- This is a guide on the bible and what it is about.
- Here are the things you will learn in this guide:
- 1.0 An Old Testament map.
- 2.0 An explanation on the Land of Canaan's importance.
- 3.0 A timeline of the Bible. (Two pages)
- 4.0 An explanation on the Bible being a library.
- 5.0 Tutorial: How to search up a verse.
- 6.0 Some key information to remember.
- 7.0 An example of a type of story in the Bible.
- 8.0 Some info about New Testament Gospels
- 9.0 An explanation of Bible translations.
- 10.0 3 Problems for the Bible translations.