Look at the calendar. Look at your itinerary so you can plan your wardrobe according to your trip needs. Remember function not fashion.
We will be in 3 different climates while in Peru The best advice is to layer. We have a very busy schedule and will not be back and forth from the hotel.
Organize everything and lay it out on a flat surface either your bed or a table
I will wear my heaviest shoes and I will pack at least one change of shoes. If you are staying behind please pack a pair of crocs.
Bathing suit must be something that covers your body. If you bring a bikini plan to wear a T-shirt over it.
Don't forget your electronics you will need a converter and your chargers.
Toiletries... sunblock, toothpaste, toothbrush, Chapstick...pack liquids and gels in a quart Ziploc bag. Ladies, don't forget to bring your feminine hygiene products.
More toiletries ...travel size Kleenex, Pepto-Bismol, Benadryl, diaper wipes... Imodium and your prescriptions.
Once you're organized start to pack in either packing cubes or plastic bags
Maximize your space tuck socks and other small items into your shoes.
Once you have everything organized into small bags or packings cubes you're ready to pack your carry-on.
I just showed you how to pack for an 8 to 12 day trip to Peru. Remember function over fashion and dress in layers. Finally, donate your clothes as you go.
- carry on suitcase that meets airline regulations
- Travel outfit - jeans, nicer shirt, wear heaviest
- Crocs for stay behind only
- Underwear - 5 pairs you can rinse/wash as needed
- Bathing suit not skimpy
- Water bottle
- Electronics -converter and chargers
- Toiletries -Toothbrush, paste,
- Long sleeve shirt
- Light weight or zip off pants two pairs
- Light weight shorts but not running shorts
- Personal hygiene products especially for the girls
- Shirts and T-shirts
- Bug repellent
- Sun block
- Socks five pairs
- Pocket Kleenex two packages
- Hat and sunglasses
- Small backpack
- Passport and yellow immunization card