1. Place oven racks on 2 and 4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add molasses, egg, and vanilla; beat well.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well combined.
6. Press dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake to 8-10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown.
9. Immediately press a couple of white chocolate chips into center of each cookie.
10. Move baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
- 150.0ml flour
- 1.5ml ginger, ground
- 1.0ml cinnamon, ground
- 1.0ml baking soda
- 1.0pch nutmeg, ground
- 1.0pch salt
- 30.0ml butter, at room temperature
- 30.0ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 20.0ml molasses
- 0.0 egg
- 1.0ml vanilla extract
- 1.0pch granulated sugar (for topping)
- 2.0 white chocolate chips (for topping)
Hugh Boyd Secondary School