Start by making vegetarian chicken meat. In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, combine and mix well wholemeal flour, vegetarian chicken seasoning and ground white pepper.
Add water and using a dough hook, mix till an elastic dough is formed.
Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 15 minutes.
Then, bring a pot/ wok of water to a boil.
Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon the dough pieces and drop into the boiling water.
Allow the dough pieces to cook for 25 minutes in the boiling water.
When cooked, remove and leave to cool and drain well in a coriander.
Meanwhile, prepare the flour coating for the vegetarian chicken pieces. In a bowl, stir well rice flour, all-purpose flour and ground white pepper.
Add the drained vegetarian chicken pieces and mix until evenly coated with the flour mixture.
Then, heat up oil in a wok, add the coated chicken pieces and deep fry till golden brown.
Remove and drain well on paper towel and we are ready to make vegetarian pandan chicken.
To make vegetarian pandan chicken, first cut the vegetarian chicken into smaller pieces.
Chop some fresh curry leaves.
Then marinade with the chopped curry leaves, oyster sauce, ground white pepper, salt and tapioca flour. Leave to marinade for at least an hour, preferably overnight if possible.
Next, cut screw pine/ pandan leaves into smaller sections and soak in water for 1 hour. This will ensure easier wrapping of the vegetarian chicken pieces.
When ready to wrap, place a piece of the vegetarian chicken in the middle of pandan leaf.
Fold both ends of the pandan leaf tightly to the middle and secure with a toothpick.
Repeat the same for the rest of the vegetarian pandan chicken and we're done! Arrange the wrapped pandan chicken pieces on a steaming tray.
Bring water in a steamer to a boil and steam the wrapped vegetarian meat for 15 minutes.
Remove and serve the vegetarian pandan chicken on one large plate. Makes a great party appetizer or side dish. So Enjoy!
- 250.0g wholemeal/bread flour (Vegetarian Meat)
- 1.0tsp vegetarian chicken seasoning (Vegetarian Meat)
- 1/8tsp ground white pepper (Vegetarian Meat)
- 1.0c water (Vegetarian Meat)
- 80.0g rice flour (Vegetarian Meat)
- 1.0Tbsp all-purpose flour (Vegetarian Meat)
- 300.0g vegetarian chicken meat (Veg Pandan Chicken)
- 10.0 pandan/screwpine leaves (Veg Pandan Chicken)
- 20.0 toothpicks (Veg Pandan Chicken)
- 25.0g curry powder (Seasoning)
- 1.0Tbsp chopped curry leaves (Seasoning)
- 1/2tsp salt (Seasoning)
- 1.0Tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce (Seasoning)
- 2.0Tbsp tapioca flour (Seasoning)