Make sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add 1 teaspoon cumin, flour, and tomato paste; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Whisk in broth and 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil.
cook until slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
Make filling: In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheese, beans, spinach, corn, scallion whites, and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin.
Dice pepper jack cheese and add to the bowl with the rest of the vegetables
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil two 8-inch square baking dishes; set aside. Stack tortillas and heat in oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
Top each tortilla with a heaping 1/3 cup of filling; roll up tightly and arrange, seam side down, in prepared baking dishes.
Dividing evenly, sprinkle enchiladas with remaining 1 cup cheese, and top with sauce. Bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
cool for five minutes and enjoy
- 2.0Tbsp olive oil, plus more for baking dishes
- 2.0tsp ground cumin
- 1/4c cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4c tomato paste
- 1/2oz reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 3.0c pepper Jack cheese
- 15.0oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 10.0oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 10.0oz frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 6.0 scallions, thinly sliced, white/green separated
- 16.0 corn tortillas