Airtight plastic sandwich bags should keep this fresh for a few days, if it lasts that long.
Maybe the red icicles are a bit much, but now I want to make more chex mix and do a different theme for little treat buckets.
Preheat oven to 300 F.
Mix cereal, nuts, pretzels and crackers in a very large bowl or a large clean paper grocery bag.
Melt the coconut oil and mix in the spices. Drizzle about a third over the raw chex mix and stir or shake if in a bag. Do this twice more, then get ready to bake.
Using a jelly roll pan is best because it has sides to keep in the chex mix; lesson learned and oven cleaned :)
Stir after about 15 minutes, bake for another 15 or to desired crunchiness.
- 9.0c chex cereal, mix of Rice, Corn & Wheat, Cheerios
- 1.0c pretzel sticks
- 1.0c mix of raw almonds, dry-roast peanuts, raw cashews
- 1.0c garlic Melba crackers, broken up
- 6.0Tbsp coconut oil
- 2.0Tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1.0tsp garlic powder
- 1.0tsp onion powder
- 0.0tsp Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning, easy it's HOT
- 1.0tsp celery salt
Texas Hill Country