I wanted to make this dish a year ago I think. But always didnt have all the ingredients at home . But... I finally made it today ! And its so easy and so delish~! Give it a try !
Here are the supplies serving FOUR persons. Oops - I forgot the other eggplant ! So one eggplant serves two persons, unless you are very hungry or a big eater .
1) Wash eggplant; 2) Cut off the top; 3) Peel off the skin as shown on the pic; 4) Cut eggplant into half
1) Preheat pan; 2) Add oil; 3) Add eggplants - round side first) and bake for about 3-4min; 4) Turn to other side (flat side) and bake for about 5min; 5) Turn around, when its gold brown set aside
1) Take onion; 2) Dice onion; 3) Take a clove of garlic; 4) Dice garlic
1) Put eggplants on baking dish; 2) Make a vertical cut carefully; 3) Make a horizontal cut; 4) Followed by diagonal; 5) Now diagonally to the other side; 6) Should look like this
Preheat oven: 180 celsius degrees
1) Preheat pan; 2) Add oil; 3) Add ground beef + onions + garlic; 4) Use a fork to smash the beef; 5) Mix well everything together
1) Add diced tomatoes; 2) Mix well; 3) Add pepper and salt; 4) Add a handful parsley; 5) Mix well everything together
Now carefully transfer the meat to the eggplants and fill the inside with the meat mixture. Carefully press meat a little bit into the eggplants to put more meat in it. PS: dont throw away the juice!
1) Take tomato; 2) Slice it; 3) Layer it on the top of the eggplants
Use a spoon to spread the juice of the meat mixture on the eggplants. Now you have a yummi sauce !
"Cheese time" !
Put stuffed eggplants into oven and let it bake for about 35 minutes at 180 celsius degrees.
Those stuffed eggplants look soooo good !
Garnish with a fresh salad, potatoes or rice like I did. Enjoy !!
- 2.0 Eggplants
- 350.0g Ground beef
- 1.0 Tomato (big size)
- 1.0 Onion
- 1.0 Clove garlic
- 400.0g Diced tomatoes (canned)
- Parsley (own preference)
- Salt (own preference)
- Pepper (own preference)
- Cheese (own preference)