Collect your ingredients and utensils.
Put 8-10 small bowls or ramekins in the fridge so when you serve it will stay some-what cold.
First, put the sugar in the coffee and stir it to dissolve. Next, dip each ladyfinger in the coffee mixture and arrange in a 9x9 baking dish in a tightly packed layer.
Put the mascarpone in a medium mixing bowl and use a silicone spatula to mix in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 cup orange juice.
Use the same spatula to put the filling evenly on the ladyfingers. Sprinkle with the grated chocolate. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours before serving.
Spoon the tiramisu into your chilled dishes and serve immediatly.
- 4.0Tbsp Sugar (divided)
- 1.0c Strong brewed coffee/brewed esppresso (room temp.)
- 20.0 Ladyfingers (You may want more)
- 16.0oz Mascarpone cheese (room temp.)
- 2.0Tbsp Vanilla bean paste (Vanilla extract works too)
- 0.0c fresh orange juice (divided) (plus more as needed)
- 2.0oz fine quality bitersweet chocolate (grated)