Attention acne sufferers: Thyme beat the brakes off of benzoyl peroxide! This is a cheaper alternative to popular retail products that use the same ingredients.
In a study thyme, marigold and myrrh tinctures were tested on the bacteria that causes acne. All 3 killed the bacteria after 5 minutes, but thyme was the most effective–even more than benzoyl peroxide
1. Cut thyme into pieces. 2. Place the cut thyme into a jar. 3. Pour the apple cider vinegar over the thyme leaving about an inch of space in the jar. 4. Push the thyme down to submerge in the vinegar
5. Close the lid tight on the jar and store in a dark, cool place. Shake once daily. After 6-8 weeks, strain the thyme from the liquid. Pour 2 oz of the extract into an airtight container.
Add 1 part of the apple cider vinegar to one part aloe vera juice an airtight container and shake well. Use as a final step in facial cleansing as you would any other toner.
- Dried thyme; kills bacteria that causes acne.
- Apple cider vinegar; detoxifies skin.
- Aloe vera juice; moisturizing, pH balanced.
- Mason jar