Peel, slice and dice the four potatoes into 3/8” - 1/2" cubes. Put the potatoes into a saucepan large enough to allow covering them with approx. 1" water.
Bring the potatoes to a rolling boil until they're easily cut with a fork. Immediately remove from heat, drain and refrigerate until cold.
Hard boil, cool, peel and coarsely chop the eggs. Refrigerate.
Finely dice the sweet baby gherkin pickles and 4 ribs of celery (approx. 1/3 cup). Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the potatoes, eggs, celery and pickles. Add the remainder of the ingredients. Using food-safe gloves, mix all ingredients thoroughly by hand.
Hint: Start with 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise, then add more to achieve desired consistency and flavor.
Chill for a couple of hours, then enjoy the finished product! Feedback will be appreciated and questions gladly answered!!
- 4.0 Potatoes, medium to large, Russett
- 9.0 Eggs, Large Grade AA (or 7-8 X-lg)
- 3/8c Celery, finely diced
- 1/4c Pickles, baby gherkin, finely diced (approx. 4)
- 2.0c Mayonnaise, Hellmann's or Best Foods preferred
- 1/2tsp Salt, iodized
- 1/2tsp Pepper, ground black
- 1/2tsp Sugar, granulated
- 2.0tsp Mustard, yellow, French’s preferred
- 2.0tsp Vinegar, white
- 1.0tsp Spice, celery seed
Las Vegas, NV
The Conversation (0)