Wrap the bare copper wire around a pencil as show.
Take your plastic cup. Put the rubber bands around the cup, and put the copper wires in the rubber bands on opposite sides.
Then hook up the circuit.
Now use the sandpaper to sand the red enameled copper wire. And then, wrap it around the battery.
Now put the copper wire in the loops of the bare copper wires. Then, put the flexible magnet under it.
Now add the magnet and watch the copper wire move.
- 2.0 Pieces of #20 bare copper wire, each 20 cm long
- 2.0 Rubber bands, No. 16
- 1.0 Plastic cup
- 2.0 Alligator clips
- 1.0 Battery and Battery holder
- 1.0 Switch
- 3.0 Pieces of #22 coated hook-up wire, 65 cm long
- 1.0 1 piece of #28 enameled copper wire, 65 cm. long
- 1.0 Piece of sand paper,5-cm square
- 1.0 Flexible magnet, 25 x 20 x 5 mm, with a 5-mm hole