Heat the olive oil/ vegetable oil in a large skillet on a medium heat high. Add the rice and stir often until the rice is browned. Lower heat and add little water if it sticks
Then add the onion and garlic stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are softened and translucent.
It is optional to add in the seasonings in the chicken/ vegetable stock before quick frying the rice. You can leave it at low heat to allow the seasonings to marinate in the stock. Leave until boil.
Raise the heat to boil. then add in the rice and stir gently
Cover the rice to steam at a lower heat until the stock is steamed sown. Leave it for 15-25 mins depending on the type of rice and the instructions on the rice package. I use parboiled rice.
Mixed then leave to cool for 5 mins
Before dishing, garnish with chives and fine leaf thyme sticks to decorate
- 2.0Tbsp Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
- 2.0 medium size Onions (1 cup)
- 2.0 Cloves of garlic minced
- 5.0c Parboiled Rice( (Any Rice you desire)
- 4.0c Chicken Stock(or Vegetarian Stock
- 1/2tsp Oregano
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1/4tsp Black Pepper
- 2.0Tbsp Spanish Thyme(finely chopped)
- 2.0Tbsp Fine French Thyme(Finely Chopped)
- 2.0Tbsp Shado Beni
- 2.0Tbsp Chives
Trinidad and Tobago