Add veggies to a large serving bowl.
Gather ingredients for dressing.
Add oil to a small mixing bowl.
Add balsamic vinegar.
Add lemon juice.
Add lemon pepper.
Pour dressing over veggies.
Mix well, making sure all veggies are coated with dressing.
Transfer veggies to baking tray (mine is covered in foil). Don't dump veggies onto tray because you want to keep some of the sauce in the bowl. Roast veggies until desired browning occurs.
Roasting veggies is easy! I cooked mine on a low broil (500 degrees F), turning occasionally, until veggies started to caramelize and brown. You could also do this on the grill.
Here is the sauce left in your serving bowl.
Pour sauce into a separate bowl or measuring cup. You will use this later.
Cool orzo according to package directions.
After orzo is cooked and drained, place in serving bowl.
Slice grape tomatoes. Set aside for later.
Remove veggies from oven when browned.
Add veggies to orzo already in serving bowl. Add tomatoes.
Add basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Feel free to use fresh herbs if you have them available (use 1 Tbsp instead of tsp if using fresh herbs.)
Pour dressing back in over veggies and orzo.
Add feta and mix well. Serve and enjoy!
- 1.0 Green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1.0 Red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1.0 Yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1.0 Orange pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Eggplant, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3c Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/4c Balsamic vinegar
- 3.0Tbsp Lemon juice
- 4.0 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.0tsp Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1.0c Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1.0tsp Basil flakes
- 1.0tsp Parsley flakes
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1/4tsp Black pepper
- 1/2c Orzo pasta, cooked and drained
- 1.0c Feta cheese, chunks