I have used the Book Box - Kraft from Graphic45 to use as a storage for the paper doll and clothes. I first measured the box and cut out the correct size from a pattern paper.
Here you can see what the box looks like inside.
I glued the pattern paper to the box, using strong glue.
For the edges, I chose another pattern paper. Measured up, and cut out.
Here you can see the two papers together.
I then cut out different images from the same collection of papers: "Christmas Carol" from Graphic45.
This is what the box looks like seen from above.
I then took a picture of my daughter in just a tights and t-shirt. I asked her to hold her hands a bit out from her body, so it would be easier to dress her. I then cut out close to the edges.
On the back of my "paper doll" I added a magnet sheet. I also put small magnet strips on the back of all the clothes. So it will be easy to dress.
This is how it looks like on the back.
This is the first outfit. A skirt and a blouse. I have added some small cut outs to the clothes.
I put the "doll" on the back of the paper, facing down. And then I draw near the edges. If I want clothes to be wide, I draw more out from the body If I want tight clothes, I draw close to the edges
Here is a long, yellow sweather with rib borders, and pattern knee tights. It`s nice to draw some details to the clothes.
I have used stamp pads to blacken the edges of the clothes.
You can see here how I have used the stamp pad on the trousers.
A small, little apron dress and a t-shirt. I have drawn some stitched, just to add some details.
I also drew a little pocket on the dress.
On this outfit I have used some ribbons for decoration.
On this pant suit I draw with a white pen, so it would show better.
This is a red Christmas dress. I have decorated it with gold ribbons.
This last dress is inspirated from a Chinese dress. I added a small belt.
Here is the whole collection of clothes. I guess I will be making more later, but this is what will be in the box for Christmas.
I will put all the clothes in the box. The doll will be packed together with a large, decorated tag in a cellophane envelope, and hung on the present.
As you see there is room for more ;) So I will leave a note in the box, telling my daughter that she and I will make more clothes together. Then the present will include an activity too ;)
Here is the final present :)
- Book Box - Kraft - Graphic45 #4500844
- Christmas CarolCollection-Christmas Carol #4501185
- Christmas Carol Collect.Yuletide Greetings#4501188
- Christmas Carol Collection-Good Cheer #4501191
- Some gold twine and black ribbon
- Artisan style collection - Decorative Flourish
- Artisan style collection- This old huse
- Artisan style collection - Craftsmanship
- Artisan style collection - Patterns of the Past
- Artisan style collection - Natural Beauty
- Home sweet Home collection - Garden Fresh
- Home sweet Home collection - Granny`s Quilt
- Home sweet Home collection - Apple Pie
- Home sweet Home collection - 6x6 Pattern & solids
- Times Nouveau Classic Collection - Hot Tomato
- Home sweet Home collection - It`s the Berries
- Black pen
- White pen
- 3D glue dots
- Strong glue
- Color Box Graphic45 Dye ink- Dark cashmere
- Magnet plate