In 1Tbsp oil, sauté ginger-garlic paste for about 15 seconds on a med-low heat. I used chopped ginger & garlic but it doesn't matter..
Add onions and flakes; sauté until onions turn a translucent pink.
Chop tomato and add to the onions
Once tomatoes soften, add the tomato paste.
Sauté for about 5 mins to cook the paste
Add the turmeric and gharam masala and sauté for a few seconds. Turn off heat and chill completely.
In a blender add the tomato mix and chilies. Add more chilies if you want it hotter!
Blitz until a paste is formed -- about 20 seconds
- 1.0 Tomato (large)
- 2.0 Hot green chili peppers (not jalapeño)
- 2.0Tbsp Chopped red onions
- 0.0tsp Gharam masala powder
- 0.0tsp Turmeric powder
- 2.0Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1.0tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1.0tsp Chili flakes or powder
- 2.0 Cilantro/coriander bunch