Mix the ingredients for the sauce until well blended. Then place it in the refrigerator until the time comes to use it.
The finished dish!
Here's the recipe from my family cookbook. I format recipes that I know I'm going to use again and put them in my book for keeping. Print this page out, and share this post if you like it. Enjoy.
- 2.0 Medium, ripe tomatoes
- 3/4c Corn meal
- 4.0Tbsp Dried polenta (corn grits)
- 4.0Tbsp All purpose flour
- 1.0Tbsp Dried oregano
- 1.0Tbsp Dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste ( I use a tsp each)
- 2.0 Eggs (for the batter)
- 4.0Tbsp Milk ( for the batter)
- 3/4c Mayonnaise (sauce)
- Peel of one lemon (sauce)
- 1.0Tbsp Minced garlic (sauce)
- 1.0Tbsp Lemon juice (sauce)
- 1/2tsp Cayenne pepper or chipotle (sauce)