Gather all of your ingredients.
Preheat oven to 350°
Cream the butter and the sugar.
Add orange juice, orange zest, and the eggs and mix well.
Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well.
Add to cream mix alternately with the buttermilk.
Drop the dough 1 inch apart onto a greased pan.
Bake for 14 minutes.
To make the icing, combine sugar, butter, orange juice, and orange zest and mix well until desired consistency.
Spread the icing onto the cookies and enjoy.
- 1.0c Butter
- 2.0c Sugar
- 4.0oz Freshley squeezed orange juice
- 2.0Tbsp Grated orange zest
- 2.0 Eggs
- 5.0c Flour
- 2.0tsp Baking powder
- 1.0tsp Baking soda
- 1.0c Buttermilk
- 2.0c Confectioner's sugar
- 0.0c softened butter
- 3.0Tbsp Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1.0tsp Grated orange zest