Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. To reduce clumpiness, sift through a sifter or sieve. Gently mix these together, then set the bowl aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together, then beat in eggs and vanilla extract, vanilla essence . The coarseness of the sugar granules will help break the butter down.
Gradually a cup at a time add the dry ingredients from the medium bowl to the wet ingredients in the large bowl, then add chocolate chips. Pour a cup of the dry ingredients.
Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a pre-greased or a lined baking sheet.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until barley golden brown around the edges.
Let cool for about 5-7 minutes.
Go ahead and eat!
- 1.0 2 1/4 cups (530 ml) flour
- 2.0 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 3.0 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 4.0 1 cup (240 ml) butter, softened but not melted
- 5.0 3⁄4 cup (180 ml) packed brown sugar (165 grams)
- 6.0 3⁄4 cup (180 ml) granulated sugar (or 150 grams)
- 7.0 2 eggs
- 8.0 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 9.0 chocolate chips (168 to 336 grams)