step 1: Whiz chilli, lemongrass, ginger and garlic into a paste. Add honey, mirin, fish sauce and 1 tablespoon oil and blitz until combined.
Step 2: Toss chicken in a bowl with half the marinade. Chill for 15 minutes. Combine soy with remaining marinade. Set aside.
Step 3: Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions. Keep warm.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning, for 5-8 minutes until browned and sticky. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and chicken
Step 4: Meanwhile, toss spring onion, basil, coriander and snow peas with the rice.
Step 6: Spoon rice into serving bowls and serve topped with chicken and reserved sauce.
- 1-2 long red chillis chopped
- 1.0 Lemon grass stem (inner core only) finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, chopped
- 3.0 Garlic cloves
- 3.0Tbsp Honey
- 1.0Tbsp Mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 3.0tsp Fish sauce
- 2.0Tbsp Sunflower oil
- 700.0g Chicken breast fillet
- 2.0Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1.0c Jasmine rice
- 2.0 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 0.0c Basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 200.0g Snaow peas, blanched, refreshed, roughly chopped