In a bowl mix together flour & baking powder & then cut in Earth Balance using pastry blender or two forks.
Add coconut milk & pinch of salt. This would be a good time to pour chicken broth into a stockpot & bring to a boil over med-high heat.
Heavily flour counter & roll out dough to about 1/2" thick. Using a pastry cutter, pizza cutter or a knife cut dough into small squares.
My little helpers job was to put the dumplings we cut onto a floured plate. Add flour between layers otherwise they will stick. Don't worry about using too much flour because it will thicken the soup.
Add dumplings one at a time to boiling broth & cook for 15-20 minutes or until the dumplings don't taste doughy. Make sure you stir it so the dumplings don't stick.
After the dumplings are done remove the pot from heat & stir in chicken & peas & carrots. I like to serve it with toasted italian bread.
- 2.0c Unbleached All Purpose Flour, plus more
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1.0pch Salt
- 2.0Tbsp Earth Balance Non-dairy butter sticks
- 1.0c Canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2.0qt Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2.0 Whole cooked chickens, meat removed
- 2.0 Cans peas & carrots, cooked & drained