In a stockpot over medium heat add olive oil & onions & cook stirring occasionally for 5 mins. Then add red & green peppers & cook for additional 5 mins stirring occasionally.
Add seasonings & cook for 2 mins stirring vigorously. Add tomatoes & stir well.
Add water & low sodium vegetable broth & bring to a boil.
Lower temp to low, cover & simmer for 15 minutes.
Add chicken & black beans bring back up to a boil & simmer for another 10 minutes.
Serve with whole grain crackers or crusty bread & enjoy!
- 2.0Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.0 Green bell pepper, diced
- 1.0 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1.0 Yellow onion, diced
- 1.0tsp dried cilantro
- 3.0 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.0 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 0.0tsp Chipotle chili powder
- 0.0tsp salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 4.0c low sodium vegetable broth
- 2.0c water
- 2.0 (14.5 oz) cans Muir Glen diced tomatoes fire roast
- 2.0 cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1.0 package Oscar Mayer grilled chicken, diced