In a large bowl combine beef stew meat, salt, pepper and flour. Toss until beef is well coated.
Heat the canola in a large saute pan over high heat. Add seasoned beef and sear on all sides until brown and caramelized.
Remove to a plate and set aside.
Combine seared beef, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes and tomatoes in a 4-quart slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, stir together grated chocolate, garlic, meatloaf packet, beef broth, n red wine. Pour into slow cooker n sprinkle the leeks over the top. Cover n cook on HI setting for 4/6 hours.
- 2.0lb Stew beef
- 2.0Tbsp Grated Semi sweet chocolate
- 1.0 Leek (white part)
- 1.0tsp Kosher salt
- 1.0tsp Pepper
- 1.0 Packet of meatloaf seasoning
- 14.0oz Low-sodium beef broth
- 1.0c Red wine (Merlot)
- 8.0oz Brown sliced mushrooms
- 1.0tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1.0c Frozen Carrots
- 14.0oz Can of diced tomatoes
- 2.0Tbsp Canola oil
- 1.0Tbsp All-purpose flour