Add olive oil, salt and a few garlic cloves to a mortar & pestle.
Crush the garlic as much as possible.
Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven.
Place in pot and begin to sauté.
Take one small chorizo sausage. Cut into small pieces.
Place into pot with garlic.
Add ham (jamon) seasoning. (found in the Hispanic section of your grocery store)
Add 2 heaping table spoons of Recaito. (found in the Hispanic section of your grocery store)
Add a dash of Adobo seasoning.
Add can of Goya tomato sauce.
Add all cans of beans with liquid. (Some use dried beans. I use canned to cut the prep time)
Add small diced potatoes. (Optional)
Add small cut Vienna sausages. (Optional) This is also the time you would chop and add olives. I love them but my family doesn't so I leave it out.
Add 1 packet Sazón seasoning. (found in the Hispanic section of your grocery store)
Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer.
Serve over white rice.
- 2.0 Cans Goya Small Red Beans
- 2.0 Cans Goya Pink Beans
- 1.0 Can Goya Tomato Sauce
- 1.0 Small chorizo link (optional)
- 1.0 Packet Spanish ham seasoning
- 1.0 Packet Sazón
- 2.0Tbsp Recaito (cilantro base)
- 5.0 Smashed or chopped garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1.0 Can diced potatoes (optional)
- 1.0 Can Vienna sausage (optional)
- 4.0 Chopped pimento stuffed olives (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)