Snapguide
STEPS
TOOLS
I bought some Denim acrylic paint (Market, Michaels) and covered both sides of the star

I bought some Denim acrylic paint (Market, Michaels) and covered both sides of the star

I covered with the second glazing layer to give the star some texture

I covered with the second glazing layer to give the star some texture

A closeup of the finished "denim technique"

A closeup of the finished "denim technique"

I added some modeling paste using the Teresa Collins "stencil"  featuring stars for more texture.

I added some modeling paste using the Teresa Collins "stencil" featuring stars for more texture.

The final look of the  texturized stars. I left them without any distressing for get them to look more white.  I made the big rosette out of 2 12"x12" papers following Michaels techniques.

The final look of the texturized stars. I left them without any distressing for get them to look more white. I made the big rosette out of 2 12"x12" papers following Michaels techniques.

I added some modpodge and 3 different tissue papers to get more dimension in each pick of the star.

I added some modpodge and 3 different tissue papers to get more dimension in each pick of the star.

one look

one look

different look

different look

last look

last look

I cut the maps in several the 3 Texas Flag colors

I cut the maps in several the 3 Texas Flag colors

I did the Compendium of curiosities III "eroded metal" technique for the banner background ( Tim Holtz)

I did the Compendium of curiosities III "eroded metal" technique for the banner background ( Tim Holtz)

The different looks I got with that technique

The different looks I got with that technique

I stamped several Texas stamps from "Paper Wings Productions" and "Texas Designs", both local companies, using black archival ink on either regular watercolor papers or TH's watercolor paper.

I stamped several Texas stamps from "Paper Wings Productions" and "Texas Designs", both local companies, using black archival ink on either regular watercolor papers or TH's watercolor paper.

Then, I did some watercoloring using TH's distressing inks and the Compendium of Curiosities' techniques. And punched out a heart using a Fiskars punch.

Then, I did some watercoloring using TH's distressing inks and the Compendium of Curiosities' techniques. And punched out a heart using a Fiskars punch.

A closeup of the chili peppers... so cute. I then punched a postal stamp shape out of it....

A closeup of the chili peppers... so cute. I then punched a postal stamp shape out of it....

Some of my other stamped and watercolored images.

Some of my other stamped and watercolored images.

Close up of the "I"    I stamped the background of the banner with several Texas stamps, and added a old diecut from a windmill...

Close up of the "I" I stamped the background of the banner with several Texas stamps, and added a old diecut from a windmill...

A closer look of the stamped background, which I forgot to photograph before adding the "I".

A closer look of the stamped background, which I forgot to photograph before adding the "I".

The windmill is mobile...

The windmill is mobile...

I stamped the Alamo outline for the background of this piece...

I stamped the Alamo outline for the background of this piece...

A closer look...

A closer look...

The very appropriated chili pepper image added to the Texas Map/ Flag... and some famous Texas quotes  for the background.

The very appropriated chili pepper image added to the Texas Map/ Flag... and some famous Texas quotes for the background.

The final poject

The final poject

  • Dimensional Star (CTMH)
  • Various distress inks (TH, Ranger)
  • Various tissue papers
  • Proplayer paper (blue, CTMH)
  • Stamps from
  • Texas Map die
  • Dimensional Banner elements (CTMH)
  • Black Archival Ink (CTMH)
  • Broken China, Metallic Paint (TH, Ranger)