Preheat the oven to 180 C/gas mark 4
Put all the ingredients except the milk into a food processor, process till you've a smooth batter. Then pulse, pouring the milk gradually till your cake mixture's a soft dropping consistency
Pour and scrape the batter into the tins and bake for about 25mins. Leave the cakes in their tins on a wire rack for 10 Minutes, before turning out, and leaving to cool completely.
Spread one layer with the jam and scatter the strawberries on top. Whip the cream till it's thickened but still soft and spread over the jammy fruit.
Sit the other cake on top and sprinkle over the cater sugar. Then stuff into your mouth and enjoy mmmm!
- Punnet Fresh Strawberries
- 225g unsalted butter, very soft
- 225g caster sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 200g self-rising flour
- 25g corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 2 x 21cm sandwich tins buttered
- For the Filling 2-4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 125ml double cream
- For the topping 1-2 tablespoons caster sugar