Wrap the 2 bare copper wires around your pencil so they look like this.
Put each rubber band over the cup. Then put both bare copper wires thought both of the rubber bands on either side.
Wrap the hook up wire around the screw with the bare part of the wire. Then screw the screw in.
Then attach the alligator clip to the end of the bare copper wire.
Then make a circuit using one battery one switch and one extra hook up wire.
Now put the magnet on the cup
- 2 pieces of bare Copper wire ,each 20 cm. Long
- 2 rubber bands, no. 16
- 1 plastic cup and lid
- 1 battery in battery holder
- 1 switch
- 3 pieces of #20 coated hook-up wire, each 20 cm.
- 1 piece of #28 enameled copper wire, 65 cm.Long
- 1 piece of sandpaper, 5-cm square
- 2 alligator clips
- 1 flexible Magnet, 25x20x5 mm, with a 5-mm hole