Gather all supplies.
Solder approx. 18 inches of wire to both the plug and jack. Leave the ends of both stripped.
To make the battery interrupter: Peel the paper from a foam dot. Take the jack and place one of the wires on one side of the dot and the other wire on the other side of the dot.
Place the foam dot on one battery (does not matter which one nor does it matter which color wire).
Replace the cover. When the item is turned on, nothing should happen.
To make the switch, you will need the foil, business card, foam dots, and the plug with wire soldered.
Peel the paper from foil. Stick down on left 1/2 of card. Create tab by tearing the lower corner and stick 1 wire under so the exposed part of the wire is on top of the foil. Repeat w/ right side.
Optional: Place foam dots on top of wire to make sure the wire touches foil. Where foam is placed can make switch easier or harder to activate.
Troubleshooting: 1. Toy on? 2. Battery compartment top touching batteries? (flatten foam) 3. Wires touching foil? 4. Foam pushing foil apart when not touching switch/card?
- 1.0 MONO AUDIO PLASTIC 3.5 MM/ 1/8 inch PLUG
- 1.0 MONO AUDIO PLASTIC INLINE 3.5 MM/ 1/8 inch JACK
- 36.0in Cooper Speaker wire/24 AWG RED/BLACK AUTO ZIP CORD
- 3.0 Foam dots (double sided stickers)
- Business card
- Aluminum foil/ AL duct tape
- Battery operated item (fan, light, radio, etc.)