This is a recipe for my favourite high-protein vegan breakfast smoothie! Makes one 16 oz. green smoothie.
Gather your supplies: pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, almond or soy milk (choose soy for an extra 6g protein), banana (use frozen for a thicker texture), baby spinach, and frozen mango chunks.
For easier blending, chop your frozen banana into 4-6 pieces.
In your blender (or large tumbler if you're using an immersion blender) begin by layering the baby spinach, followed by the banana, the mango, and then the seeds.
Optional additions: Add a couple of soft pitted dates for a touch of natural sweetness. For a big boost of protein add a scoop of vanilla plant-based protein powder.
Add 1 cup of almond or soy milk and blend until smooth (approx. 1-2 minutes depending on the quality of your blender.)
Pour your smoothie into a glass and top with a pinch each of pumpkin and/or hemp seeds.
Grab a straw and enjoy!
- 1.0c unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1.0 large banana, frozen
- 0.0c chopped mango, frozen
- 1.0c baby spinach, loosely packed
- 0.0c raw pumpkin seeds
- 2.0Tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 1.0Tbsp vegan vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2.0 soft pitted dates (optional)
- 1.0 blender (or an immersion blender + tumbler)