These are the materials you will need. All of these are listed in the supplies slide.
Get your clay and start modelling over your container with it. (Tip: because this is a volcano, try and mould a volcano shape, just like I did!)
Explanation: this volcano erupted because the baking soda reacted with the vinegar (it contains acetic acid) producing carbon dioxide gas. The gas produced enough pressure to force the foam out.
Thanks for watching my Snapguide on how to make a mini volcano! I hope you enjoyed it and learnt something new!
- 1.0tsp Baking soda (bicarbonate soda)
- 0.0ml Dishwashing liquid
- 3.0 Red food dye (three drops)
- Vinegar (stop pouring when volcano erupts)
- 1.0 Funnel
- 1.0 Tea spoon
- Clay (enough to cover whole container)
- 1.0 Container
- 1.0 Newspaper (one page should be enough)
- 1.0 (Optional) plastic tray