Gather your ingredients
Combine your Bourbon & housemade Amer Picon in a cocktail shaker (Amaro CioCiaro is an excellent available substitute)
Add your lemon juice
And homemade spiced pumpkin compote (roasted sugar pumpkin pulsed in a Vitamix with water, cane and brown sugar, cinnamon, orange peel, cloves, vanilla bean, nutmeg, and rich cream sherry)
Add ice, seal, shake until the shaker gets nice and frosty. Strain into a chilled Old Fashioned glass and fill with ice.
The tincture and bitters add lovely color to the top and warmth on the palate. Pumpkin compote is rich and thick, while lemon keeps it fresh. It's a delightful sipper for Fall.
- 1.5oz Old Granddad Bonded Bourbon
- 0.0oz Housemade Amer Picon (or Amaro CioCiaro to sub)
- 0.0oz Spiced pumpkin compote
- 0.0oz Fresh lemon juice
- 3.0 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1.0 Dash homemade coffee tincture
- 1.0 Cocktail shaker & strainer
- 1.0 Old Fashioned Glass
- 1.5c Ice
San Francisco, CA