Kicking a footy is a crucial skill that makes or breaks winning the closet games. You have to be able to put it to your teammates advantage with what ever the situation your facing.
1. First of all you have to learn how to hold the ball. With out this your kick will go all over the place. Just make sure your middle finger is down the seem of the football as in the picture.
2. Now to make sure that the ball goes where you want it, you have to have the laces of the football face the direction of where you want to kick it.
3. Now, so before you kick the ball you have to have it just over your kicking foot so you can get a clean ball drop making the ball spin backwards perfectly.
4. To make sure you have a clean kick you have to make sure that your head is over the ball at all times. With this you will get a nice, clean and flat kick!
5. Now to kick the ball you will have to step over on your opposite foot and swing your leg as powerful as needed, when you drop the ball. Kicking the ball is all about timing so keep that in mind!
There are many types of kicks you can do but stick to the drop punt first as you will need it most. Just keep practising and you will get it :) just remember timing, ball drop and guiding it down.
- 1.0 Football