Gather the ingredients for the chocolate cupcakes.
Gather the toppings for the cupcakes.
Gather the Buttercream ingredients.
Set the oven to preheat on convection bake at 280 degrees F.
Sift all dry ingredients for the cupcakes into a bowl.
Put butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla into a standard mixer bowl and cream with the flat beater bar.
This is what the butter, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs should look like when creamed.
Curdle the milk by pouring the vinegar in the milk. Then, boil the water in a saucepan.
Whisk the cocoa powder into the boiling water.
Pour the chocolate and water mix into the creamed ingredients in the stand mixer.
This is what the finished cupcake batter should look like.
Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners. (liners not shown)
Fill each mold 2/3 full with batter.
Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 35 minutes.
This is the finished cupcake.
Now let's make the Swiss meringue buttercream. Make a double boiler by heating a saucepan with water and setting a glass bowl on top. Add the egg whites and sugar and heat until it's 140 degrees F.
Put the egg and sugar mix in the stand mixer with the whisk attachment and whisk until it makes a firm peak.
Change the whisk to the paddle attachment, and add the vanilla.
In a clean stand mixer, cream the butter with the flat beater bar until smooth and creamy.
Add the creamed butter to the meringue mix.
Make another double boiler to melt the chocolate.
Cream the rest of the butter in a clean stand mixer.
Add the melted chocolate to the last of the creamed butter. Then combine the meringue buttercream and the chocolate buttercream together.
For decorations, peel the chocolate with a vegetable peeler for decorations.
Using the tip of your choice and a pastry bag,pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes.
After piping, add fresh fruit for garnish.
Sprinkle on the chocolate shavings.
Display and enjoy!
- 114.0g cocoa powder, cupcakes
- 227.0g water, cupcakes
- 227.0g whole milk, cupcakes
- 15.0g vinegar, cupcakes
- 320.0g all purpose flour, cupcakes
- 5.0g baking powder, cupcakes
- 5.0g baking soda, cupcakes
- 1.5g salt, cupcakes
- 114.0g European butter (82% fat), cupcakes
- 270.0g sugar, cupcakes
- 163.0g brown sugar, cupcakes
- 2.0 whole eggs, cupcakes
- 5.0g vanilla extract, cupcakes
- 180.0g egg whites, Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 447.0g European butter, Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 255.0g sugar, Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 5.0g vanilla extract, Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 454.0g European butter, American Chocolate Buttercream
- 40.0g whole milk, American Chocolate Buttercream
- 340.0g 45% Cacao chocolate American Chocolate Buttercream
- 10.0g vanilla extract, American Chocolate Buttercream
- 350.0g powdered sugar, American Chocolate Buttercream
- Toppings as Desired