Most people seem to like roasted peppers, and rather than buying them canned or out of a bottle, it's easy to make them at home whether one uses a gas flame, or barbecue.
Now, a note about the arugula. The original recipe uses alfalfa sprouts. I didn't see any that morning, so I decided to use some fresh baby arugula. Another good possibility might be pea shoots.
- 1.0 Red pepper
- 1.0 Green bell pepper
- 1.0 Yellow pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2Tbsp Olive oil plus a bit extra to rub on the peppers
- 1/2c Roasted unsalted ground peanuts
- 3.0Tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro
- 2.0c Arugula or other greens
- 1.0tsp Dried red chili flakes
- 2.0Tbsp Lemon juice