We will create 2 mixed media card backgrounds using new Distress Oxide Ink colors, Seth Apter Baked Texture Embossing Powders and 3-D Embossing Folders. This tutorial is not a step out for the cards.
First, cut (2) 4.5" x 6.5"rectangles of Ranger Distress Mixed Media Heavy Stock Card. Smoosh Distress Oxide Inks onto a non-stick craft mat. Spritz with water until small beads form.
Tap Ranger Distress Mixed Media Heavy Stock into the ink puddles. Dry between applications. Continue layering until you like the way it looks.
Blend Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink through the Tim Holtz Autumn Layering Stencil with a Blending tool.
Lightly spritz the back side of the heavy stock with water. Place in Botanical 3D Embossing Folder and run three times through your die cutting machine.
Lightly sponge Wilted Violet DOI over the embossed areas of the card.
Spritz with water. Heat Dry.
Tap the raised edges of the card with embossing ink. Cover with Vintage Beeswax Seth Apter Baked Texture Embossing Powder. Tap off the excess. Heat emboss.
This is what the panel will look like after heat embossing. Place the panel in a box and spritz randomly with Distress Resist Spray. Add Patina Oxide Baked Texture. Heat Emboss.
This is what the panel will look like after heat embossing with Patina Oxide. Cool, right? Distress edges, brush on Black Soot Distress Paint, Stitch edges and now you are ready to make a card.
This is the card I made with the first panel. I also embossed the Weathered Clock with Seth Apter Ancient Amber Baked Texture. Card edges & flowers are dry brushed with Antique Linen Distress Paint.
Repeat the process with the second panel, adding leaves with Dusty Concord DO this time.
Spritz with water. Heat dry. Sponge edges with Ground Espresso DOI.
Lightly spritz the back of the card with water and emboss with the Mechanics 3D Embossing Folder.
Spritz panel with water. Heat dry. Place the panel in a box. Spray with Distress Resist Spray. Sprinkle with Chunky Rust Baked Texture. Heat Emboss.
Here's a closeup of the panel after heat embossing.
Buff the Mechanical Panel with Distress Resist Glaze to brighten the colors. Then spray a 2nd time with Distress Resist Spray & heat emboss. This caused the Resist Glaze to blister which looks cool.
This is the card I made with this panel. Again, I heat embossed the Weathered Clock Die with Ancient Amber Baked Texture. Have fun creating mixed media backgrounds for your cards!
- Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland DCE
- Ranger Distress Mixed Media Heavy Stock Cardstock
- Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink (DOI)
- Curshed Olive DOI
- Ripe Persimmon DOI
- Seedless Preserves DOI
- Dusty Concord DOI
- Ground Espresso DOI
- Frayed Burlap Distress ink
- Wilted Violet DOI
- Embossing ink Pad
- Seth Apter Baked Texture EP Patina Oxide
- Seth Apter Baked Texture EP Chunky Rust
- Seth Apter Baked Texture EP Vintage Beeswax
- Seth Apter Baked Texture EP Ancient Amber
- Mechanics 3D Embossing Folder Tim Holtz/Sizzix
- Botanical 3D Embossing Folder Tim Holtz/SizzixT
- Tim Holtz Autumn Layering Stencil
- Distress Resist Spray
- Distress Micro Glaze
- Distress Glitter Dust Vintage Platinum
- Antique Linen/Black Soot Distress Paint
- Little Birdie Flowers Mysterious Mauve Rosemund
- Little Birdie Andrea Mulberry Flowers
- Little Birdie Beaded Micro Roses Mulberry
- Sizzix Hocus Pocus Bigz Die
- Sizzix Weathered Clock Bigz Die
- Sizzix Thinlits Rosettes Die
- Antique Bronze Clock Brooch Cabochon
- Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Tag Labels
North Carolina, USA