Any patterned tissue will work. These are facial tissues but napkins or gift tissue work equally well.
Because the Velvet Art Anthology paint is dimensional it was difficult to get a smooth texture. Luckily for me, the brush strokes are what I wanted!
The decoupage glue is still wet in this photo. The colors of the tissue lightened up considerably when it was dry.
When the glue dries it has a matte finish so it is not shiny. It adds just a little texture to the piece.
Clear Wink of Stella on the "3" and "1".
Leaky Shed chipboard key was colored with orange marker, the edges were distressed and then a touch of orange Golden acrylic paint was added for brightness and shine.
A touch of black around the edges gives the canvas a more "finished" look.
The hourglass is from an old Mailbox Muse kit.
Scanned copy. The Canvas is ready to hang or stand on a shelf.
Created for the Altered Pages Artsociates blog and will be posted on 10-24-14. Stop by Altered Pages for your art supply and collage needs! Find them at http://www.alteredpages.com
Also visit my personal blog at http://robinsbirdhouse.blogspot.com
- Art Anthology Velvet Dimensional Paint - Shamrock
- Swankies Patterned Facial Tissues
- 5x7 Canvas Board
- AlteredPages.com Night Terrors Collage Sheet
- AlteredPages.com Time Is On Your Side B&W Collage
- AlteredPages.com Black & White Tag Alphabet
- Other Asst. Art Supplies
- Lace Scrap
- AlteredPages.com Fall Fantasy Collage Sheet
- AlteredPages.com Ahoy Matey Collage Sheet