Here's a picture of the rusted painted metal gridwork effect we are going to recreate.
Cover a piece of card with Barn Door Distress Paint and dry completely.
Add Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain Distress Paints to your craft mat with a little water and push your card into it. Dry and repeat the process over different parts of the card.
Emboss your dried card with a gridwork embossing folder or create marks with an embossing too. Apply a little Brushed Pewter and Stormy Sky Distress Paint over the raised areas with a brayer.
Finally swipe your card through Fired Brick Distress Stain and whilst wet sprinkle over Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder. Heat to dry, then rub gently to remove the release crystals.
I layered this rusted background onto ink stencilled card and added a stamped coloured image, various textured die cuts and lettering. What would you add to it?
- 1.0 Tim Holtz Distress Paint Barn Door
- 1.0 Tim Holtz Distress Paint Gathered Twigs
- 1.0 Tim Holtz Distress Paint Walnut Stain
- 1.0 Tim Holtz Distress Paint Brushed Pewter
- 1.0 Tim Holtz Distress Paint Stormy Sky
- 1.0 Tim Holtz Distress Stain Fired Brick
- 1.0 Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder Vintage Photo
- 1.0 Sizzix Tim Holtz Diamond Plate Embossing Folder
Staffordshire, United Kingdom