Soak cashews 2-4 hours or overnight. If you can't wait, like me, boil them.
Boil for 15 minutes.
Strain and set aside.
Make broth. If you use this OMIT the 1/2 tsp salt later in the recipe.
Boil shells while preparing other ingredients.
Roast pepper on direct stovetop on low heat, turning every 2 minutes until skin is bubbly.
Add to sauce pot.
Stir in onions for 2 minutes then garlic for 1 minute.
Peel char off of pepper.
Nooch and seasonings.
Add all ingredients (except shells) to blender.
Blend blend blend.
Return to saucepan and cook 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens.
I reserved a little sauce for chips later.
Add shells to sauce.
If I had a Ninja or Vitamix the consistency would be much more smooth. Still delicious!
- 3.0c Pasta (I used shells).
- 0.0c Unsalted cashews
- 2.0tsp Oil (I use coconut oil).
- 1.0 Small Yellow Onion
- 2.0 Cloves Garlic
- 2.0c Vegetable Broth
- 1.0Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1.0Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (Optional)
- 1.0 Roasted Red Bell Pepper (Jarred or Fresh).
- 1.0Tbsp Italian Seasoning (Or Pizza Seasoning).
- 0.0tsp Salt (Omit if broth is salted).
- 1.0tsp Ground Mustard
- 0.0tsp Ground Turmeric