Take two cans of chick peas. Drain the chick peas into a collander. Rinse with water. Set aside.
Transfer the chick peas to a mixing bowl.
Add 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and 1/2 cup of good quality extra virgin olive oil.
Add 1/ cup of flat leaf parsley and 1/2 cup of diced red onion (more or less of either one, based on your taste). I also added a bit of fresh yellow and red pepper, for added crunch.
Finally, add 2 cans of albacore tuna in water and salt and pepper to suit.
Enjoy. A healthful and quick meal. In fact one of the best salads I've eaten in awhile!
- 2.0c Chick peas- drain into a collander and rinse
- 2.0 Cans of tuna in water-albacore is the best
- 0.0c Red wine vinegar
- 0.0c Extra virgin olive oil
- Diced red onion to suit your tastes
- Diced flat leaf parsley to suit your taste
- Salt and pepper as needed