Brown ground beef & chorizo in large stew pot
While meat browns chop onions to a medium dice.
stir into browned beef & chorizo and cook until soft & translucent.
Crush or chop garlic into meat & onion sauté 1 min. Add tomatoes w/ juice & water medium heat.
Wash & slice mushrooms, add to pot.
Grind the spices put in the pot, with the broken chilies.
Stir in rinsed beans and salt simmer covered for 1 hour. Serve as is or over rice. May substitute peeled & diced russet potatoes for the beans.
- 1.0lb Ground beef
- 6.0oz Fresh chorizo
- 2.0Tbsp olive oil
- 3.0 garlic cloves
- 2.0 ONIONS DICED
- 11.0oz fresh mushroom sliced
- 2.0 Bay leaves
- 14.0oz diced tomatoes w/ juice
- 29.0oz water (2 cans)
- 0.0tsp Marjoram
- 0.0tsp Thyme
- 1.0pch Piment d'Espelette
- 3.0 thai chile peppers or cayenne chile peppers
- 0.0tsp kosher salt
- 30.0oz 2 cans garbanzo beans drained & rinsed well.
Chilling in Minnesota