Chinese cooking made simple with easy-to-find ingredients. Alternative recipe: Add more ginger, a tad more sesame oil, exclude the potatoes and turn this dish into another flavour! Enjoy.
Prepare all raw ingredients (as written in the supplies) Marinate chicken with salt, white pepper and 1 tsp sesame oil for 5mins. For the gravy: mix all the wet ingredients into a bowl and set aside
Heat work with olive oil or sunflower oil and fry the potato wedges until golden brown. This is to avoid the powdery texture and ensuring they stay rather intact when served later.
Remove half the oil and Pan fry ginger & garlic until fragrant, for approx 2mins.
Add the marinated chicken and continue frying for another 5mins or until the chicken turns golden brown. Remember to constantly toss the chicken.
Add the gravy mixture with 1 cup of water, fried wedges and allow to simmer for 15-20mins. Sprinkle the spring onions right before you serve.
Serve the dish with rice or blanced plain noodles.
- 0.0 Chicken (chopped in few pieces)
- 2.0 Potatoes (cut in wedges)
- 2.0 Cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1.0 Thumb size ginger (sliced)
- 1.0bnch Spring onion (cut into 2 inches)
- 2.0Tbsp Chinese soy sauce
- 3.0Tbsp Chinese oyster sauce
- 1.0tsp Chinese sesame oil
- 1.0tsp Sugar
- 1.0c Plain water
- Salt and white pepper to taste