It's really a seed but acts like a grain packed with magnesium, fiber, complete protein, riboflavin, manganese, copper, zinc, potassium, iron and more. You are gonna love it.
Put 1 cup rinsed (or toasted in a skillet) quinoa w/ 2 cups broth (or water & broth) in a pot and bring to a boil, cover & simmer about 15 minutes till translucent. Cooks like rice no need to drain.
Plump organic raisins or even better cranberries add sweet surprise bites. Add desired amount to accent. I chop mine to spread the love and not the sugar.
While quinoa cooks, chop up cilantro, raisins, onions and tomatoes into 1/4s. Mix in a bowl and add minced garlic, Dijon, olive oil, balsamic, Dr Braggs or soy sauce, ginger and pepper optional.
Add cooked quinoa- while still warm- to the bowl of veggie ingredients.
Mix it up and share with someone you love.
- 1.0c quinoa (red or blonde)
- 2.0c Veggie broth or water (or combo)
- 1.0c raisins (sultanas)
- 1.0bnch cilantro
- 1.0c Red or sweet onions
- 1.0c Cherry or grape tomatoes (multicolor is fun)
- 1.0tsp Garlic (optional)
- 4.0oz Olive oil (virgin)
- 2.0oz White (or dark) balsamic
- 1.0Tbsp Dr Braggs Liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1.0Tbsp Dijon Mustard (optional)
- 1.0pch Grated ginger (optional)