Chop peppers and onion. There was more onion but it was a small cutting board.
Mince garlic. I have this awesome little mincer that you roll on the counter in your hand, you can get it a Bed Bath & Beyond
First sauté onions and peppers in oil for 5 minutes in a large pot.
Then add meat and garlic and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Add tomatoes, broth, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and let cook for another 1-2 hours.
At the end I added some kidney beans which aren't really Paleo but I like them so a few wont hurt. Hope you enjoy! It makes about 6 servings.
- 1.0lb Ground beef
- 1.0lb Ground Turkey
- 1.0 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1.0 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- 5.0 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1.0 Canned Tomato sauce, Large
- 1.0 Canned Tomato paste, small
- 1.0 Rao's tomato sauce, about 4/5 of jar
- 1/2c Vegetable broth
- 1/2Tbsp Chili powder
- 2.0Tbsp Cumin
- 1.0Tbsp Oregano
- 1.0tsp Garlic powder
- 1.0tsp Onion Flakes
- 2.0tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2.0Tbsp Olive oil (approx)