2 nice veal shank
Season with salt and pepper sear in hot olive oil. About 3 minutes a side. Set aside
Sweat diced carrot onion and celery in olive oil medium heat. 7-8 minutes.
Add wine. Reduce by 1/2 medium high heat.
Add remaining ingredients. Reserve 1 cup of stock to add later keep braising liquid 3/4 the way up the meat
Hard work deserves a cold beverage
Cook on low with lid on 2 1/2 hours turning every 30 minutes.
The veal should be falling from bone. Spoon sauce over the meat and enjoy.
- 2-4 veal shanks
- 1 cup dry white wine
- I Sprig rosemary
- I Tbs herbs de Provence
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 beers( to drink while you cook)
- Salt and pepper to sear veal
- I cup diced onion,celery and carrot
- Lemon Zest
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- Flour to dust the veal before browning
- Tbs olive oil