Bring large pot of salted water to boil for pasta while water is heating prepare your mushrooms and vegetables.
Slice mushrooms for Saute'
Wash and trim a dozen rabe-rappini and chop into 1/3 lengths.
Heat 2 tbls. Olive oil with 4 Tbls. unsalted butter in large saute' pan.
Saute' mushrooms when about done just beginning to brown toss in chopped fresh herbs.
Move mushrooms to a container and add Rabe-Rappini & 1/4 cup of water cover and cook.
After 3 minutes add pine nuts, cook about 1 minute stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cover for 2 minutes then toss in pasta & mushrooms flavored olive oil and dried herb.
Toss in fresh chopped tomato and serve immediately. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 7.0 (baby portabella) mushroom 7 medium (60mm +)
- 1.0lb Orecchiette Pasta Organic 100% whole wheat
- 12.0 Organic Rabe-Rappini
- 160.0g Fresh Organic Spinach washed & trimmed
- 0.0tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 0.0tsp fresh Rosemary chopped
- 0.0tsp Marjoram dried
- 2.0Tbsp Spanish Olive Oil
- 4.0Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4.0Tbsp Basil flavored Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.0c Pine Nuts
- 0.0 Fresh diced tomato
Chilling in Minnesota