Heat pan with some oil. Fry Onion till caramalised. You may add a pinch of salt with the onions while frying.
Now add the mince garlic.
Add Salted Soy beans (taucu) to the fried garlic & onion mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Now add the kicap manis, dark caramel soy sauce, palm sugar & water.
Add the diced potatoes and chicken. Cook for 1- 1 1/2 hours. Taste and adjust the salt and kicap manis for sweetness.
Serve this with plain steam rice.
- 1.0 Large Red Onion, finely diced
- 5.0 Cloves Garlic, fincely minced
- 3.0Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 0.0c Salted Soy Beans (Taucu)
- 3.0Tbsp Dark Caramel Soy Sauce
- 3.0Tbsp Kicap Manis
- 2.0Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar/ Palm Sugar (adjust to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 800.0g Diced Chicken
- 2.0 Large red potatoes, diced
- 1.0c Water