To cook this healthy and detoxifying soup, first cut radish into large chunks, soak red dates to soften soaked kei qi in cold water and wash whole white peppercorns.
Use the back of a knife to lightly crush the white peppercorns.
Wash the chicken, trimming away excess fat and then chop into large pieces. Blanch the chicken pieces in a pot of boiling water to remove the scum. Set the chicken pieces aside.
Heat up enough water for the soup, about 2 1/2 bowls. When water is boiling, add in radish, chicken, red dates, wolfberries & crushed peppercorns. Bring to a rapid boil. Leave to boil about 15 mins.
Cover, turn the heat to low and let simmer for another 1 hour or till soup has reduced to 1 1/2 bowls water.
Season with salt to taste before serving.
And you're done! Serve the nourishing, peppery soup hot.
- 300.0g Chicken, cut inti large pieces
- 1.0 White radish (200g), cut into large chunks
- 8.0 Red dates, soaked to soften
- 1.0Tbsp White peppercorns, whole and lightly crushed.
- 1.0Tbsp Chinese Wolfberries ( kei qi)
- 700.0ml Water (2 1/2 bowls)
- 1.0tsp Salt, to taste