What you'll need.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add dried beef and sauté about five minutes.
Until it develops a few crisp edges.
Stir in the flour and cook until it just begins to color, about 3 minutes.
Slowly whisk in the warmed milk & half and half, pepper, chives, and nutmeg. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened and creamy but still pourable, about 5 minutes.
Ladle over toast, scatter with parsley & serve. (I omitted the parsley)
- 3.0Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 0.0lb Thin sliced Dried Beef Slices, shredded
- 3.0Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2.0c Whole Milk ( warmed in the microwave)
- 1.0c Half & Half (warmed in the microwave)
- 0.0tsp White Pepper
- 1.0Tbsp Minced fresh Chives
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 4-6 slices of Toast
- 1.0Tbsp minced fresh Parsley, for garnish (optional)